To apply for Primary out-of-zone for Years 0 and 1 2021:
YOUR CHILD MUST BE TURNING 5 ON OR BETWEEN THESE BIRTHDATES 1st APRIL 2015 AND 31st MARCH 2017.
Parents must use the online application process to submit applications on or before Wednesday, 19th May 2021 at 3 pm.
If more applications are received than places available, a ballot will be held on or before Wednesday, 26th May 2021.
An application requires documents to be uploaded at the time of submission. These documents must be in .pdf or .jpeg format only.
Some documents need to be downloaded from this website, saved to your computer, completed, then saved, while others will be scanned images of original documents held by the parents.
Incomplete applications cannot be processed and will be immediately declined so please ensure you have everything BEFORE starting your enrolment.
If you have any queries about enrolling your child, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The process we follow to select Out-of-Zone students for available spaces is determined by the Ministry of Education as follows:
|Category A||Siblings of current students|
|Category B||Siblings of past students|
|Category C||Child of a past student|
|Category D||Child of Board of Trustee member or employee|
|Category E||All other applicants|
Please note: Categories B and C need to provide evidence at the time of submitting their enrolment application e.g. sibling/parent’s school report, class photo etc.
The ballot is conducted under the supervision of a member of the NZ Police and the selection process is a random draw of applicants’ names. The educational achievements of individual students are not taken into account by Balmoral School, so you do not need to send in any additional documentation with your child’s application.
PLEASE GATHER THE BELOW DOCUMENTATION BEFORE STARTING YOUR ONLINE ENROLMENT
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING ONLINE APPLICATION
- Please ensure you have all documentation completed and saved on your computer before starting your application.
- Leave NSN (National Student Number) blank when you fill out the online enrolment.
- Provide us with 2 caregivers and 2 emergency contacts
- Please ensure you select ‘out of zone’ under zoning status
IMPORTANT: Caregiver # 1 Section
- Please ensure you have ticked ALL appropriate boxes in the ‘Select As Applicable’ section.
In the ‘Enrolment Details’ section of your online application:
– ‘Enrolment Priority’ please make sure you select an option. If you are unsure please choose ‘normal’.
– ‘Zoning Status’ please make sure you select ‘Out of Zone’.
If you have any problems completing your enrolment please call 0800 600 159